Thursday 9 September 2010

Into the Wild's Characterization



Chris McCandless, the main character of the book written by Jon Krakauer ‘Into The Wild’ . It seems that he had factors influence his responses to the crucial conflicts that he encountered.

In my opinion, I would describe Chris McCandless as a free spirit, a dreamer, an adventurer, an escapist and mad, because he left his family, and his father was somewhat violent and rude, his mother was unconcerned and was not worried about him she said: I just don’t understand why  he had to take those kind of chances. … I just don’t understand it at all” (132), and his sister in contrast was very Dependant on him. I think that’s a lot to take for a young person. He did love them greatly, but he wanted to find himself.


Emile Hirsch in Sean Penn’s “Into the Wild” 



He was very interested and attractive with thoughts, the way of life, natural world, and the way naturist's lived. The sad Irony of the story was that he lost something that would fill the void in his heart along the way when he headed out into the wilderness to find himself.

If it were me, I would have looked somewhere else to fill up that void and hole, such as to be with the people that I loved and who loved me in return.

2 comments:

  1. i didn't know that his relationship with his family wasn't that good:(

    poor he:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that while I was reading the book's summary online =(

    ReplyDelete