Wednesday 4 August 2010

A Delight and an Awful Transport Experience!

wel081.gif


Last Monday, we looked at Paul Theroux's short story called " Subterranean Gothic " which the author demonstrates his experience about a Subway, so this is my turn to write about some of my transports experience which are focused on airplane and double decker bus.


wel081.gif


5992_1214394523.jpg


Firstly, traveling by airplane is one of the best experience that I had. I used to travel several times outside my country. I traveled to Indonesia two times, Malaysia four times and Morocco once. I can remember that I had been arguing with my older brother to sit near the window. In the plane, I never slept once, because I believe that every trip has its new inspiration and excitement even if it's take a long period of time to reach our destination.


0501_Out_the_Airplane_Window.jpg


wel081.gif

I had more fun when I took some photos and write small notes about my feelings for instance, the time when a plane is beginning to leave the ground, when we faced a turbulence and when the aircraft landing. During these times I imagine that I'm riding a roller coaster, as the flight ends the roller coaster finishes its turn. >> one of my next posts hopefully, I'll write about my last traveling by airplane in more details.

wel081.gif

3959295274_8e01a1f99b.jpg
Secondly, here in the UK specifically, Nottingham, I have my newest experience going on a double decker bus. Formerly, I saw lots of double decker bus on some programs and wondered if I could going on it once. Now, I use to ride it several times more than I wish. Nearly all the times I sit upstairs even if there are seats available downstairs. I do that by reason of a view which is relaxed and comfort me. However, last term, after I finished my last class, I went to the bus stop waiting for a bus. I was too tired and dizzy, and finally the bus arrive. I was holding my mobile talking to one of my friend in Saudi Arabia, I put my card in front the small machine then before I have a seat the driver called me:


" Come here, please " " Show me your card "
I showed it him hiding my picture.


" No, show me your picture "
" Sorry, but why? "
" Just give me your card


Then I think back to what I heard from one of my friends when she told me about a same situation that happened to her when a bus driver asked her to remove her veil so he can make sure it's her card.


" Sorry, I can't... "
" Then I can't let you go in "
" Ok, it's not problem "
Then I left the bus.


When I left, another bus stopped at the back of the former. While I was walking the awful driver who asked me to leave started to look at me with a hateful expression on his face. I could not found any reason for his attitude, maybe he does not like women who cover there faces. Well, really I do not care about any one who do not respect others personal freedom. To do what I want, when I want, that doesn't hurt anyone is the important thing, this is my personal freedom, what do you think?


wel081.gif

7 comments:

  1. u know that racism is everywhere:(
    but hopefully it won't effect ur believes:)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is ur right
    ignore these people mesho and live ur life the way YOU want

    best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. May Allah grant you Mashaer, you did the right thing.

    Nice post .. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone, appreciate your replies (^_^)
    Insha'allah I wouldn't change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep on practising the dialogue.
    You asked for feedback on writing dialogue so here goes: Always punctuate correctly, i.e, use a full stop before moving on to the following speaker.

    A task for you is: to record dialogue around you. Use your mobile to record 'snippets' of dialogue you hear around you as you use public transport, sit in cafes etc.... I did this in New York and as I said, I could never have imagined what I heard!! I heard the funniest things, which I then used in writing! Try it, real life really is stranger than fiction!! Would you agree?:) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gareth said...
    I particularly like your comments about travelling on a double decker bus. For me, the upstairs right-hand side seat at the very front is one of the finest viewpoints on Earth, wherever the bus is going! My DJ name is 'Double Decca', in honour of this pinnacle of human invention. I'm a big fan; and I'm not the only one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGyu3Zm9Hx8

    Take a look at the incredible new designs for London buses here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/projectsandschemes/15493.aspx

    By the way, the problem you've encountered with bus drivers is easy to explain. The bus companies have lots of problems with people using stolen cards, or cards belonging to someone else, to travel without paying. They are supposed to check that the person shown on the card is the person who is actually travelling. I'm not sure, however, how we can best sort out the confusion here. Any ideas, anyone? - GG

    ReplyDelete